One of the most painful and devastating things you have to endure at least once in a lifetime is a breakup. To deal with the post-breakup trauma, “no contact” is suggested to the people dumped by their exes. After a breakup, no contact rules help a lot, but it is a tough, merely impossible thing to pull off. If you want to know about signs the no contact rule is working, you must read this article thoroughly.
After reading this article, you would answer the question lingering around your mind for a while now. We will discuss the most common 5 signs the no contact rule is working on your ex or not. You are suggested to spare some of your time and read this article you’ll find very helpful.
- Power Of Silence After A Breakup – No Contact Rule
- Is It Wrong To Talk To Your Ex While In A Relationship?
- 12 Reasons Your Ex Won’t Talk To You!
What Will I Learn?
- No Contact Rule
- 5 Signs the No Contact Rule is Working
- Some Other Signs No Contact Rule is Working
- Effects of No Contact Rule On Men
- Effects of No Contact Rule On Women
- Does The No Contact Rule Work if You Were Dumped?
- How Long Does it Usually Take For the No-Contact Rule to Work?
No Contact Rule
No contact rule refers to when you disappear in thin air to give yourself some space. It means no contact with your ex in any case. You aren’t allowed to text or call them. You certainly aren’t allowed to send them a digital email or stalk them. Some people connect with mutual friends to ask about their ex; it is also prohibited to do. No contact or radio silence merely means NO CONTACT.
Dumpees experience this technique to divert their minds. In the meantime, they are asked to give special care to themselves and pamper themselves in every possible way. In doing so, they know their worth, and they learn to live on their own. People start to depend on themselves rather than someone else, which is the sole agenda behind this no-contact technique.
5 Signs the No Contact Rule is Working
There are many signs that show the torture you bore while being radio silent was worth it. There are tons of them, but we will discuss the most confirming 5 signs the no contact rule is working. You may experience all 5 of them or even 1.
The 5 signs the no contact rule is working on your ex are:
1. When your Ex Tries to Contact You & Wants You Back!
The first and very affirming sign that your radio silence worked is when your ex reaches out to you first. If your ex dumped you and reached out to you first, it shows no contact rule worked perfectly for you.
If your ex texts you and reaches you first, it’s good news. Your no-contact rule worked if your ex tells how sorry they are for breaking up with you. It is one of the signs no contact rule is working. You should grab the opportunity and avail it properly.
2. People are Getting Attracted to You
The second most affirming sign that the no contact rule has worked out is when people get attracted to you. Since you don’t rely on your partner for emotional support and have become more sensible and independent, people start liking the new you. People begin to see the brighter side of yours, and when they see the better you, they get attracted to you.
3. Positivity in Your Life
No contact rule brings calmness and stability in your fast-going life. Once you stay away from the negativity, you start to see things differently. You become more confident and optimistic. Positivity surrounds you, and you emit positive vibes.
People can hardly resist attraction towards positive vibes. That is why people tend to get attracted to you soon after being done with your radio silence phase.
4. Responsive Ex is a Significant Sign
If your ex responds to you back as soon as they hear from you, your radio silence has affected them. Your ex being quick responsive is a sign of no contact working. It is the best time to get things clear between you both if you want to go back to them. If you don’t want them to return to your life, you can humbly tell them to let go.
5. Your Ex Asks About You from Mutual Friends
It is quite normal to have mutual friends even after breaking up with your partner. If your ex is still into you, they ask about you through mutual friends. This is also one of the signs that the no-contact rule is working correctly.
Some Other Signs No Contact Rule is Working
Except for the five signs, the no contact rule is working on your ex mentioned earlier. Some of the other symptoms, no contact rule is working are:
- Ex tries to get hold of you more than before
- People seem to notice you more
- You may start getting gifts from ex
- They may start asking about you through friends
- Ex may reach out to you in most uncommon ways
- Your ex may show extra care
- You feel very strong and good about yourself
- You feel confident and contented with your current life
Effects of No Contact Rule On Men
There are several kinds of reactions that mostly men show while experiencing radio silence from you after a breakup. You will see at least any of these reactions from your ex on whom you did the radio silence.
- Your ex may call you anxiously several times but stops when he senses you are ignoring him deliberately. Men usually stop it when it comes to their ego.
- Your ex may be the kind of person who doesn’t like to take the initiative. He may act stubbornly and never contacts you until you accept the initiative and start a conversation.
- Your ex may be a total lunatic and frantic caller. He may keep calling you until you stop ignoring him and talk to him.
- There may be chances that your ex-boyfriend gets super angry and annoyed after you go radio silent. He may feel he is being insulted.
- Sometimes your ex becomes confused and clueless about what they should do, whether they should reach out to you first or wait for you to do it.
- Your ex may feel scared reaching out to you first after breaking up with you. They know that they’ve made a mistake; that is why they hesitate in taking the initiative.
Effects of No Contact Rule On Women
Usually, girls feel so emotional after the breakup, but they feel entirely relaxed and free when they are the breakup initiators. Your ex-girlfriend may not feel stressed or moving at all because she wanted it to happen. In such scenarios, when you go radio silent, she doesn’t even bother about it. They may continue with their routine without even thinking about you.
In some cases, the situation gets the opposite of the dumper, and your ex is a dumpee. In such cases, girls tend to hold onto the past and show clingy behavior. They may show this behavior to show they still care about you. She always wants to spend her life with you. In such scenarios, you shouldn’t get annoyed. Instead, talk to your ex nicely to give you some time.
Girl’s mind is indeed very complicated, and no one can ever truly understand them. But there are ways you can cop up with her and stay happy. Once you know how to handle your girl, everything goes well.
- The Female Mind During The No-Contact Rule – Does No-Contact Work On Ex-Girlfriends?
- Why My Girlfriend is Talking to Her Ex Behind My Back?
Does The No Contact Rule Work if You Were Dumped?
If the initiator of the breakup was your ex, then you might never get back together. You may see them once in a while or every day, depending on the situation, but you should stay strong. You should go on with the no-contact rule and see what happens next. Whether your ex comes back or not depends on the situation.
Mostly no contact after a breakup makes the person emotionally strong and independent. It indeed works for dumpees to get over their exes and move on with their lives. As for the dumpers, they mostly regret dumping their exes after seeing them independent and so mature. So, we can say the no-contact rule DOES WORK for dumpees in either way.
How Long Does it Usually Take For the No-Contact Rule to Work?
Radio silence has a destined time of 3 to 8 weeks. The time of no contact usually depends on how severe the bond was before breaking up. If the couple had an excellent relation, it might take more time than usual to recover. For such people, it may take more than three weeks to get emotionally stable.
The no-contact duration can also be less than three weeks if the breakup was mutual and the bond wasn’t powerful between the couple. But in typical cases, it only takes up to 3-8 weeks at most to recover. But in this time duration, no one is allowed to stay in touch with the ex under any circumstances.
No contact rule is one of the most effective and promising techniques to get over your past relationships. It is the technique used for both purposes; for moving on and for getting your ex back. It works well in both situations.
After enduring the hardships of no contact, you will move on from your past relationships for sure. No contact boosts up your confidence level and helps you in becoming a confident person. Your self-esteem also gets high, and so does your emotional stability.
In some cases, no contact rule is used to make ex come back, and it works very well in such scenarios. You have to strictly follow the rules of no contact and let the power of it be bestowed on you.
If you wonder how I know if the no-contact rule is working or not, you should notice whatever is happening around you. If you feel confident enough to face the world without being a wimpy kid, then it is a yes. Suppose you think ex getting more interested in you than before is a positive sign. You should be aware of your surroundings to know whether no contact worked for you or not.