What is a Platonic Date? Platonic dating is a term used to describe a relationship that exists between two people who are not romantic partners. These relationships can be friendships, family relationships, or any other non-romantic relationship.
Platonic dating is the term used for when two people decide to date without involving any physical intimacy. This can be a great option for those who are not interested in traditional dating, or who just want to take things slow.
Platonic dating can be fun and rewarding, and it can help you get to know someone in a new way.
In this blog post, we will discuss what platonic dating is, and give you 50 ideas for fun and interesting dates!
What Will I Learn?
- What Is Platonic Date?
- Can Dating Be Platonic?
- 50 Platonic Dates Ideas
- Go for a hike together
- Visit a museum or art gallery
- Attend a concert or show
- See a movie together
- Visit an amusement park or go go-karting
- Spend a day at the beach or pool
- 1. Spend a day at the beach or pool
- 2. Go camping or spend a night in a cabin
- 3. Volunteer together at a local charity or non-profit organization
- 4. Go bowling or play laser tag
- 5. Do a wine or beer tasting
- 6. Paintballing or escape rooms?
- 7. Play tourist and walk around your own city
- 8. Have themed nights like game night, movie night, etc.
- 9. Have a potluck dinner party
- 10. Go to a comedy show
- 11. Take a dance class together
- 12. Go on a hike or walk
- 13. Get massages or facials together
- 14. Visit a local museum
- 15. Do a wine and cheese tasting
- 16. Make homemade pizzas
- 17. Go on a picnic
- 18. Go stargazing
- 19. Do a puzzle together
- 20. Bake cookies or cakes together
- 21. Make a scrapbook
- 22. Go on a road trip
- 23. Do a jigsaw puzzle together
- 24. Go to a flea market or garage sale
- 25. Have a game night
- 26. Make a cake or pie together
- 27. Go on a bike ride
- 28. Go fishing
- 29. Do yard work together
- 35+ More Sober Friend Date Ideas:
- How To Maintain A Platonic Relationship For Longer Period?
- How Long Distance Relationship And Platonic Relationship Is Different?
- Ways to Ask a Girl Out Platonically
What Is Platonic Date?
The platonic date is a new type of dating that has been gaining popularity lately. The idea behind it is to go on dates without any romantic or sexual intention. This can be done with friends, acquaintances, or even strangers.
It is a great way to get to know someone without the pressure of a relationship.
A platonic date can be a fun and exciting way to meet new people. It can also be a great way to build new relationships or strengthen existing ones.
If you are interested in trying a platonic date, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
- It is important to be clear about your intentions. You should let the person you are going on a date with know that you are not looking for anything romantic or sexual.
- You should also be respectful of the other person’s boundaries. If they are not comfortable with certain topics of conversation, it is best to avoid them.
Overall, a platonic date can be a great way to get to know someone without the pressure of a relationship. Just be sure to be clear about your intentions and respectful of the other person’s boundaries.
Can Dating Be Platonic?
In theory, yes. In practice, it’s a little more complicated than that.
The idea of platonic dating is that you can go out and spend time with someone without it being romantic or sexual. Just two friends hanging out. And while that can work in theory, in practice it’s often not quite so simple.
- Our society is not really set up for platonic relationships. We tend to see couples as being either romantic or sexual, and anything else is just friendship. That can make it hard to find platonic partners, as most people assume that you’re either interested in them romantically or you’re not interested at all.
- Even if you do find someone who’s open to the idea of platonic dating, it can be difficult to maintain that relationship. We’re used to seeing relationships as being either romantic or sexual, so it can be hard to keep things platonic. There’s often a lot of pressure to take things further, even if that’s not what either of you wants.
50 Platonic Dates Ideas
Whether you’re trying to get over a break-up or simply want to expand your social circle, going on platonic dates can be a great way to meet new people. But coming up with ideas for platonic dates can be tough, especially if you’re used to thinking of date nights as being romantic.
Here are 50 platonic date ideas to help you out:
Go for a hike together
Hiking together is a great way to spend time together and get some exercise at the same time. You can choose a hike that’s appropriate for your skill level, and you’ll be able to take in the beautiful scenery around you.
Visit a museum or art gallery
Visiting a museum or art gallery is another great way to spend time together. You can learn about new things, discuss what you’re seeing, and appreciate the beauty of the artwork.
Attend a concert or show
Attending a concert or show is another fun option. You can enjoy the music or performance together and have something to talk about afterward.
Go for a bike ride
Going for a bike ride is a fun activity that you can do outdoors. It’s a good way to get some exercise, and it’s something that everyone can enjoy.
Get coffee or tea together
Getting coffee or tea together is a relaxed option that allows you to chat and catch up with each other. It’s a low-key way to spend time together and catch up on what’s been going on in each other’s lives.
Have a picnic in the park
Having a picnic in the park is a nice way to enjoy the outdoors and spend time with each other. You can pack some of your favorite foods and drinks, find a spot in the park, and relax together.
Do some shopping together
Doing some shopping together is another fun option. You can check out your favorite stores, look for new items to add to your wardrobe, and have some laughs along the way.
Take a cooking class together
Taking a cooking class together is a great way to spend time together and learn something new. You can cook your favorite dishes or try out some new recipes, and you’ll have plenty of laughs along the way.
Go on a double date with another couple
Going on a double date with another couple can be a lot of fun. You can all chat and get to know each other better, explore your city together, and have dinner or drinks at a local restaurant or bar.
Play tourist and walk around your own city
Playing tourist and walking around your own city can be a lot of fun. You can see all of the sights that you usually walk right past, learn about your city’s history, and have some laughs along the way.
Go to a bar or club together
Going to a bar or club together can be an exciting way to spend an evening. You can listen to music, chat with each other, and have some drinks (if you’re old enough).
See a movie together
Seeing a movie together is always enjoyable. You can discuss the film afterwards, share your thoughts on it, and maybe even cry during those sad parts.
Visit an amusement park or go go-karting
there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you’re riding roller coasters, going on water rides, playing games, or watching shows, you’ll have a blast spending the day together. Go-karting is similarly thrilling and a great way to compete against each other.
Spend a day at the beach or pool
Most people think of the beach as a place to relax and soak up the sun. But if you want to be more creative, and loosen up your mental muscles, a day at the beach can do wonders.
The sand is great for building castles, the waves are perfect for making music, and the sun is just bright enough to provide inspiration. Plus, there’s something about the ocean air that just makes you feel more relaxed and open-minded. So take a break from work, unplug from your devices, and head to the nearest beach. You may be surprised at what you come up with.
If you’re looking for a fun and relaxed date idea, spending a day at the beach or pool is a great option. It’s perfect for people who want to get out and explore, and it’s also a great way to relax and have some fun. Plus, it’s a great opportunity to get some inspiration for your next project.
1. Spend a day at the beach or pool
A day at the beach is the perfect way to relax and enjoy each other’s company. Sun, sand, and waves make for a perfect day date.
2. Go camping or spend a night in a cabin
Camping is a great way to get away from the hustle and bustle of life and enjoy nature. Spending time in a cabin can be just as relaxing as camping, and it offers the added bonus of being able to cook your own food.
3. Volunteer together at a local charity or non-profit organization
Volunteering together is a great way to help others while spending time with your loved ones. It can also be fun to see how passionate your partner is about their favorite charity or non-profit organization.
4. Go bowling or play laser tag
Bowling and laser tag are both great activities for spending time together while having fun. They’re also relatively inexpensive, so they’re perfect for those on a budget.
5. Do a wine or beer tasting
Tasting different wines or beers is a great way to learn about new types of alcohol and have some fun doing it. You could even make it into a competition to see who can find the best wine or beer.
6. Paintballing or escape rooms?
These two activities offer different but equally exciting challenges for couples looking for an adrenaline rush together. Paintballing can be messy but is sure to leave you with some great memories, while escape rooms are perfect for puzzle lovers who want to put their skills to the test.
7. Play tourist and walk around your own city
Exploring your city together is a great way to see things you may have missed before and experience them through your partner’s eyes. You may be surprised by all the interesting things you find right in your own backyard.
8. Have themed nights like game night, movie night, etc.
Having themed nights is a fun way to change up your typical routine and do something different together. It also encourages you to try new things that you may not have otherwise considered.
9. Have a potluck dinner party
Potluck dinners are always a lot of fun because they allow everyone to bring their favorite dish to share with the group. This type of party also encourages conversation and gives everyone the opportunity to get to know each other better.
10. Go to a comedy show
Laughing together is a great way to bond with your partner and relieve stress. Going to a comedy show is the perfect date night activity for couples who want to have a good time.
11. Take a dance class together
Dancing is a great way to get out of your comfort zone and learn something new together. It’s also a lot of fun and a great way to get some exercise.
12. Go on a hike or walk
Getting some fresh air is always a good idea, and it’s even better when you’re with your loved one. Going on a hike or walk is the perfect way to enjoy each other’s company while getting some exercise.
13. Get massages or facials together
Relaxing side-by-side with your partner is a great way to spend some quality time together. Plus, you’ll both come out feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
14. Visit a local museum
Learning about art, history, or science can be interesting and enjoyable when done together. Visiting a local museum is the perfect way to spend an afternoon exploring new things with your partner.
15. Do a wine and cheese tasting
Tasting different wines and cheeses is a great way to learn about new types of alcohol and have some fun doing it. You could even make it into a competition to see who can find the best wine or cheese.
16. Make homemade pizzas
Making pizza from scratch is a lot of fun, and it’s also a great way to bond with your partner. You can make the dough together, choose your favorite toppings, and then bake the pizzas in the oven.
17. Go on a picnic
Picnics are always romantic, and they’re even better when you make them yourself. Pack a lunch and head to your favorite park or beach for a day of relaxing in the sun.
18. Go stargazing
Stargazing is a great way to spend a clear night together. You can bring blankets and pillows and set them up in your backyard or somewhere else with a good view of the stars.
19. Do a puzzle together
Doing a puzzle together is a great way to bond and have some quality time together. It’s also a lot of fun, and you can even make it into a competition to see who can finish first.
Baking is always more fun with someone else, and it’s even better when you’re baking for each other. Choose your favorite recipe and spend the afternoon baking cookies or cakes together.
21. Make a scrapbook
Making a scrapbook is a great way to document your relationship and all of the special moments you’ve shared together. You can include photos, ticket stubs, receipts, and anything else that has meaning to you.
22. Go on a road trip
Road trips are always more fun with someone else, and they’re even better when you’re with your partner. You can plan out your route, make sure you have everything you need, and then hit the road for an adventure.
23. Do a jigsaw puzzle together
Doing a jigsaw puzzle together is a great way to bond and have some quality time together. It’s also a lot of fun, and you can even make it into a competition to see who can finish first.
24. Go to a flea market or garage sale
Browsing through different items at a flea market or garage sale is a great way to spend some time together. You never know what you might find, and it’s always fun to haggle over prices.
25. Have a game night
Playing games is always more fun with someone else, and it’s even better when you’re playing with your partner. Choose your favorite board game or card game and spend an evening competing against each other.
26. Make a cake or pie together
Baking is always more fun with someone else, and it’s even better when you’re baking for each other. Choose your favorite recipe and spend an afternoon making a cake or pie together.
27. Go on a bike ride
Going on a bike ride is a great way to get some exercise and fresh air. It’s also a lot of fun, and you can even make it into a competition to see who can get to the finish line first.
28. Go fishing
Fishing is a great way to relax and enjoy each other’s company. You can pack a lunch and head to your favorite spot for an afternoon of fishing and relaxing.
29. Do yard work together
Doing yard work together is a great way to bond and get some exercise at the same time. You can rake leaves, pull weeds, and do whatever else needs to be done in your yard.
35+ More Sober Friend Date Ideas:
A sober friend date is when you go out with someone who is also sober, in order to avoid any temptation to drink. It can be a great way to connect with other people who are also in recovery or just to have some fun without worrying about alcohol.
Sober friend dates are a great way to connect with other sober people and have some fun without worrying about alcohol. They can help you stay on track in your recovery, and you can also use them as an opportunity to learn more about yourself and others.
If you’re interested in arranging a sober friend date, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, it’s important to find someone who is also sober and willing, to be honest about their sobriety with you. You should also make sure that the two of you have similar interests so that you can enjoy your time together. Finally, it’s important to set some ground rules beforehand so that both of you know what to expect from the date.
- Go camping or spend a night in a cabin
- Volunteer together at a local charity or non-profit organization
- Go bowling or play laser tag
- Do a wine or beer tasting
- Paintballing or escape rooms?
- Play tourist and walk around your own city
- Have themed nights like game night, movie night, etc.
- Have a potluck dinner party
- Go to a comedy show
- Take a dance class together
- Attend a sports game
- Karaoke night
- Make homemade pizzas
- Have a movie marathon
- Have a picnic in the park
- Go to a spa to relax
- Plant a garden together
- Take a trip to the farmer’s market
- Visit a botanical garden
- Make homemade ice cream
- Have a water balloon fight
- Wash each other’s cars
- Have a conversation over the phone or internet
- Go shopping together
- Do some people watch at the mall or park
- Make a scrapbook together
- Attend a book reading or signing
- Go to an arcade
- Check out a new restaurant together
- Take photos of each other around town
- Build a gingerbread house together during Christmas time
- Attend a holiday party or event together
- Do something active like rock climbing or kayaking
- Attend a Halloween party together
- Dress up in old-time
How To Maintain A Platonic Relationship For Longer Period?
If you want to maintain a platonic relationship for a longer period of time, there are some things that you need to keep in mind.
- Communicate with your partner. You should let them know what you expect from the relationship and what your boundaries are.
- Be honest with each other. If you are not comfortable with something, don’t do it.
- Respect each other’s space and privacy. Don’t invade their personal space or read their private messages.
- Finally, don’t try to change each other. Accept each other for who they are.
How Long Distance Relationship And Platonic Relationship Is Different?
Long distance relationships are defined by a physical separation between partners, while platonic relationships are built on a strong friendship. Though both types of relationships require effort and communication, there are some key ways in which they differ.
Level of intimacy.
In a long-distance relationship, couples must find other ways to connect emotionally and physically. This can be done through phone calls, video chats, and sending care packages. In a platonic relationship, there is typically less need for intimate conversation and physical connection.
Amount of time spent together.
Long-distance couples often have to schedule a time to be together, and may only see each other a few times per year. Platonic friends, on the other hand, can spend as much time together as they like.
Couples in a long-distance relationship may have difficulty communicating effectively due to the physical separation. This can lead to feelings of loneliness and isolation. Platonic friends can communicate more freely, as they are not limited by distance.
Ways to Ask a Girl Out Platonically
So you’ve met a girl you really like, and you want to ask her out… but you don’t want it to be a date. You just want to hang out with her as friends. How do you go about asking her out platonically?
Here are a few ideas:
- Invite her to do something you’re already doing with friends. This could be going to a concert, grabbing coffee, or playing video games.
- Ask her if she wants to join you on an adventure. This could be anything from exploring a new part of town to going hiking.
- Simply ask her if she wants to hang out sometime. You can even suggest a specific activity, like going to a movie or getting ice cream.
So, can dating be platonic? Yes, but it takes effort and both parties need to be on the same page. Without that common understanding, things can quickly become complicated and one-sided. Be sure to set expectations early on to avoid any misunderstandings down the road.