By definition, a single mother is a woman who has children but lacks a father for those children. Single motherhood is on the rise in America as well as in the rest of the world. Despite that, the struggles for the single mothers do not seem to be ending anytime soon and that is why they seem to ask questions like how to be a successful single mother.
If you feel like you resent your mother a little too much, you are not alone. Resentment for mothers is actually very common in young people who have difficult relationships with them while growing up. If you find yourself asking questions like “why do I resent my mother so much”, you’re at the right place.
If you have ever asked yourself “why does my mother hate me”, you are not alone. Hundreds, if not thousands, of people feel this way every day. Many men and women grow up with mothers who resent them for some reason or another.
“Why does my mother put me down?” is a question that might feel weird to some children, but is a harsh reality for many at the same time.
You know the feeling you get when your mom starts in on you? She’s complaining, criticizing, putting you down…and all of a sudden, it feels like everything is closing in. Your chest tightens up. You’re getting nervous and tense.
When you break up with someone it feels like they are taking a piece of your heart with them. What if the person who broke your heart is dreaming about you?
We’ve all wondered at one point in time, does my ex dream about me? The answer is probably yes. Why not take it a step further and find out what they are dreaming about you!
Dreaming is the only time we can be completely honest with ourselves… so if your ex is dreaming about you, they might just want to get back together with you.
Here’s how to find out for sure:
1. What is the meaning of dreaming about your ex
According to some dreams scholars, dreaming about your ex may indicate that the person is still thinking of you and cares for you.
It can also mean that they want to get back together with you or at least put the past behind them.
Many people dream of their exes because they miss them.
Sometimes we dream about our exes when we least expect it. It might be after a very stressful day or even when you are in love with someone else.
Dreaming about your ex does not always mean that you still love them or want to be with them. Sometimes it just means that something in your subconscious reminds you of them and moves their image into your dreamscape.
There are several reasons for dreaming about someone, including:
- You miss having them around in waking life;
- They are in your thoughts for other reasons;
- You have unresolved feelings/issues towards them.
2. How to know if my ex dreams about me?
You can know whether or not your ex dreams about you in several different ways.
- The most direct way is to ask them. This might be a little awkward though if you are not in contact with each other.
- Observe his/her behavior when he/she talks about the past or watches an old photo of the two of you. Note any facial expressions and compare it to how they react when speaking about the present or their current partner.
- Pay attention to your friends. The people that are closest to you might have a better idea as to whether or not your ex dreams about you because those people see him/her more often and can observe any changes in behavior.
- Be aware of how your ex interacts with you online. If you are still in contact, notice how he/she responds to posts and messages on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter (this might be a good way to ask if they dream about you).
- If there are specific moments in your relationship when your ex was happier or felt less stressed, that could be a sign that your ex dreams about you. Some people tend to miss the good moments/memories more than the bad ones and those tend to manifest in their dreams (the reason is because we want to preserve positive memories and experience them again).
- Another method is paying attention to the numbers. Many people have reported that their exes dream about them if they are dreaming about them a lot – it could be 3 instances in three days or an increase in the number of dreams you both share.
- If you have gone through breakups before, pay attention to your current feelings towards your ex and compare it to how you felt about the exes you dreamt about. The more positive your current feelings towards your ex, the better it is for you to get back together with him/her because there is obviously something that brings them to mind and makes you think of them in a positive light.
3. What does it mean when they dream about you
Dreaming about your ex in various colors can indicate several things.
For instance, if you dreamt that your ex looked younger than he/she actually looks in waking life, it might mean that they were happier when you two were together.
If you dreamed that they wore clothes that were more casual than usual, it means that they are not as concerned with their appearance as they used to be.
In some cases, dreaming about your ex for a long time or even constantly can indicate that you miss them and want them back in your life.
4. Why do people dream about their exes
The number of reasons for dreaming about your exes is the same as for why people dream in general.
Dreams can be reflections of your real life experiences, they can provide you with insights into your subconscious mind – if you dream that someone who broke up with you threatens to break up with their new partner because you appear in that person’s dream, it is a sign that you have an impact on the way they feel about their new relationship.
In most cases, dreams about your exes are a result of unresolved feelings/issues and represent a desire to return to what was or re-examine certain aspects of your life/relationship which may be holding you back from the personal development you want to make.
5. How to interpret dreams about exes
Dreams about your ex or past lovers provide you with the insights you need in order to move on and achieve what you want in life. If it’s difficult for you to understand these dreams, consider consulting a professional psychic who can help you figure out why you dream about your exes and what it means.
The best method for interpreting your dreams is by looking at the dream in its entirety:
- – What was the context (where were you, who else was there)? – How did you feel when dreaming? If you felt happy/positive it’s a good sign that the dream was positive, too. If you felt sad – it could mean that you are not over your ex and still miss them.
- – What did the other person in the dream say to you? This might help provide some insight into your real life feelings about him/her.
6. How to deal with dreams about exes
The best thing you can do if you keep having the same dream (whether it’s positive or negative) is to try and change your current way of thinking.
For instance, if you had a fight with your ex and that person in your dream keeps reminding you about this, don’t argue with them – instead, focus on something else and let them know that you have forgiven and forgotten what happened in the past.
If your ex keeps showing up in a negative light, try to see things from their perspective and ask yourself if there is anything you could do differently so it doesn’t seem like you are pushing them away.
In some cases, especially when it comes to passive aggression, this dream could result from your own subconscious mind. For instance, you might be so worried about looking desperate that you push the person away even though you want to be with them.
If it’s a recurring nightmare and/or a negative dream – try to meditate before going to sleep or take some stress relief medication if necessary.
If it’s a positive dream, you should focus on these feelings and remember them when you wake up.
The most important thing is not to be afraid of your dreams – they are there to help you; all you have to do is figure out how.
What’s No Contact Rule? What is this obsession of every other relationship expert that makes them speak of this rule with such passion? Does the no contact rule really work?
How to break up with someone you love without hurting them? We would not even bother discussing it if it were so easy to do since nobody would ever Google it.
It is never easy to break up, even when you are the one doing it. It is hard to break up with someone you love without hurting them, and telling them you do not want to be together anymore is hard.
When people like us break up, the days afterward will never be the same as before. However, narcissists are different. We miss our exes, but what about narcissists? Do narcissists miss their exes after a breakup? This article is about narcissists, you will learn if they miss their exes or if narcissists ever have regrets after breaking up with someone.
We’re here with the Ex factor guide review. This guide provides strategies for helping you recover from breakups or deal with breakup issues. It is based on people’s experiences, it will not be the typical solution, but it will give you accurate and helpful information that applies to your situation.
After a breakup, it’s totally normal to miss your ex. Especially when you get bored or lonely, it is easy to forget the unpleasant things that happened in the relationship. You might wonder now if you should talk to your ex or not. According to you, it’s a great idea.